This is going to be one filthy ride. Individuals or teams of two will trek the treacherous paths of El Dorado Lake. The course will be mainly off road and will test your mettle. Are you brave enough to finish the toughest duathlon around?
SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2015
7:00 A.M. – REGISTRATION OPENS AND PACKET PICKUP BEGINS
9:00 AM – SOLO RACE AND RELAY BEGIN
POST EVENT – SOME GREAT AWARDS, REFRESHMENTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
RUN 3 MILES, BIKE 12 MILES, RUN 3 MILES
LOCATION: El Dorado Lake State Park, Walnut River Beach
El Dorado State Park is located 3 miles east of El Dorado, Kansas on Hwy 54 and 1 mile north. It is just 25 minutes east of Wichita, KS. The races will start in the Walnut River area of the park, just below the dam. Plenty of parking and camping will be available in the race area.
|ADDITIONAL RACE INFORMATION|
- Race takes place rain or shine
- Technical T-Shirts guaranteed to all pre-registered participants
- Awesome Awards for all participants
- Race day packet pickup only
$40 THROUGH FEBRUARY 1ST
$50 THROUGH MARCH 26TH
$60 THROUGH RACE DAY
RELAY TEAMS (PRICE PER PARTICIPANT)
$30 THROUGH FEBRUARY 1ST
$40 THROUGH MARCH 26TH
$50 THROUGH RACE DAY
The run course consists primarily of off road trails. A treacherous creek crossing and wooded path await those willing to take the challenge!
The bike course is 12+ miles of challenging terrain. Prairie, wooded trails, a climb up the dam, dirt and grit will be left behind as you complete the course.
- Unique race medals awarded to all finishers.
- Technical t-shirt for all participants.
- You must pick up your race packet with photo i.d. and USAT card (or purchase the 1 day membership for $12).
- Bring your valid USA Triathlon card and picture ID to packet pick-up. If you do not have your valid USA Triathlon card with you, you will be required to sign up for a one-day license ($12) at the event. Temporary cards can be printed at http://www.usatriathlon.org
- All race entries are final. This is an outdoor race. There is always a chance that weather may force the race director to limit, adjust or cancel a event. State park officials are the ultimate decision makers. No refunds or transfers.
- It is the responsibility of each athlete to know the race course and any potential hazards which may exist on it.
- Aid Stations: Located approx. every 1 mile on the run course furnish water, ice and electrolyte beverage.
- Make sure that you properly wear your race numbers and timing chip.
- Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike portion of the event you are welcome to do so.
- Award ceremony will be following the race.
- The race results will be posted on this web site as soon are they are available after the race.