The event will be held at Tuttle Creek State Park in Manhattan, KS. The swim portion will be held in the River Pond Campground area. The bike portion will be an out and back route on Highway 13. The event will culminate with a flat out and back run course within the campground. Plenty of parking and camping will be available in the race area.
Swimmers will start at the beach to the south of the dam. They will then complete one 500 meter loop around the lake area.
The bike route starts at Tuttle Creek State Park and continues out and back on Highway 13 for a total distance of 12.4 miles.
Runners will head out of the transition area and run an out and back 3.1 mile course throughout the campground.
|PACKET PICKUP INFORMATION|
- Saturday, August 16th at race site from 2pm to 5pm
- Race Day Pickup Available for those who can’t make it Saturday
Additional Race Information
- Unique race medals awarded to all finishers.
- Technical t-shirt for all participants.
- You must pick up your race packet with photo i.d. and USAT card (or purchase the 1 day membership for $12) at the designated locations.
- There is no required bike check for this event.
- Bring your valid USA Triathlon card and picture ID to packet pick-up. If you do not have your valid USA Triathlon card with you, you will be required to sign up for a one-day license ($12) at the event. Temporary cards can be printed at http://www.usatriathlon.org
- All race entries are final. This is an outdoor race. There is always a chance that weather may force the race director to limit, adjust or cancel a event. State park officials are the ultimate decision makers. No refunds or transfers.
- It is the responsibility of each athlete to know the race course and any potential hazards which may exist on it.
- Aid Stations: Located approx. every 1.5 miles on the run course furnish water, ice and electrolyte beverage.
- Make sure that you properly wear your race number and timing chip. The bib number must be worn on the front of your body during the entire run portion of the event. You will be body marked on race morning before the swim.
- The roads are open to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by a police officer or a race official. Please discourage your friends and family members from driving on the race course while the race is in progress.
- Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike portion of the event you are welcome to do so.
- Park only in designated parking places.
- Award ceremony will be following the race.
- The race results will be posted on this web site as soon are they are available after the race.