DATE: JUNE 29, 2014
START TIME: 7:00 A.M.
DISTANCE: SPRINT: SWIM 400 METERS, BIKE 10 MILES, RUN 3.1 MILES
LOCATION: WINFIELD AQUATIC CENTER, 300 MAIN ST., WINFIELD, KS
The Walnut Valley Triathlon is a USAT Sanctioned Race. The event will begin at the Winfield Aquatic Center right by Island Park.
Swimmers will complete a 400 meter serpentine course at the Winfield Aquatic Center.
The bike route starts heading south on Millington St. Cyclists will then head east on 5th Ave. Bikes will continue along 5th Ave. until N. Viking Blvd., where they will then turn north. They will continue on N. Viking Blvd. until Banner Rd. where they will turn west. Bikes will follow Banner Rd. until 112th/College St. where they will then head north. The course will follow 112th until bike reach 132nd Rd., where they will turn around and head back south on 112th to 5th Ave. At 5th Ave., bikes will turn back west to Millington and then to the transition area.
Runners will head out of the transition area circle Island Park. There will then be a course along the levee to local roads on an out and back course. The finish line celebration will be at Island Park.
- Unique race medals awarded to all finishers.
- Technical t-shirt for all participants.
- You must pick up your race packet with photo i.d. and USAT card (or purchase the 1 day membership for $12) at the designated locations.
- There is no required bike check for this event.
- Bring your valid USA Triathlon card and picture ID to packet pick-up. If you do not have your valid USA Triathlon card with you, you will be required to sign up for a one-day license ($12) at the event. Temporary cards can be printed at http://www.usatriathlon.org
- All race entries are final. This is an outdoor race. There is always a chance that weather may force the race director to limit, adjust or cancel a event. City officials are the ultimate decision makers. No refunds or transfers.
- It is the responsibility of each athlete to know the race course and any potential hazards which may exist on it.
- Aid Stations: Located approx. every 1 mile on the run course furnish water, ice and electrolyte beverage.
- Make sure that you properly wear your race numbers (for all races) and timing chip (for all races). You will receive two numbers at packet pick-up. The bicycle frame number goes on your bicycle’s top tube, just behind the handlebars. The bib number must be worn on the front of your body during the entire run portion of the event. You will be body marked on race morning before the swim.
- The roads will not be closed to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by a police officer or a race official. Please discourage your friends and family members from driving on the race course while the race is in progress.
- Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike portion of the event you are welcome to do so.
- Park only in designated parking places.
- Award ceremony will be following the race.
- The race results will be posted on this web site as soon are they are available after the race.