DATE: JULY 20, 2014
START TIME: 7:00 A.M.
DISTANCE: SPRINT: SWIM 400 METERS, BIKE 20KM, RUN 5KM
LOCATION: Waterfront, 13th and Webb Rd., Wichita, KS
The Waterfront Triathlon is a USAT Sanctioned Race. The event will be held at Waterfront Business Park. The swim will take place at the Waterfront. The bike portion will be 3 relatively flat loops around the East side of Wichita. The run course will then take place on the Waterfront property. The bike and run course will be closed to traffic. Plenty of parking will be available throughout the Waterfront.
|PACKET PICKUP INFORMATION|
- Saturday, July 19th from 2pm to 4pm TBA
- Race Day Pickup Available for those who can’t make it Saturday
Swimmers will start at the beach behind the Commerce Bank Building. They will then complete one loop around the Waterfront pond.
The bike route starts in the Commerce Bank parking lot at the Waterfront. The cyclists will exit the Waterfront property at 13th St. and continue to Webb Rd. They will then take a right at Webb Rd. to 21st St. Cyclists will continue to the right on 21st St. until they reach Greenwich Rd., where they will take another right hand turn back to 13th. At 13th St., cyclists will continue right until they reach the Waterfront property again for a second loop and third loop.
Runners will head out of the transition area and run a 3.1 mile course around the Waterfront property.
- Unique race medals awarded to all finishers.
- Technical t-shirt for all participants.
- You must pick up your race packet with photo i.d. and USAT card (or purchase the 1 day membership for $12) at the designated locations.
- There is no required bike check for this event.
- Bring your valid USA Triathlon card and picture ID to packet pick-up. If you do not have your valid USA Triathlon card with you, you will be required to sign up for a one-day license ($12) at the event. Temporary cards can be printed at http://www.usatriathlon.org
- All race entries are final. This is an outdoor race. There is always a chance that weather may force the race director to limit, adjust or cancel a event. City officials are the ultimate decision makers. No refunds or transfers.
- It is the responsibility of each athlete to know the race course and any potential hazards which may exist on it.
- Aid Stations: Located approx. every 1 mile on the run course furnish water, ice and electrolyte beverage.
- Make sure that you properly wear your race number and timing chip. The bib number must be worn on the front of your body during the entire run portion of the event. You will be body marked on race morning before the swim.
- The roads are closed to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by a police officer or a race official. Please discourage your friends and family members from driving on the race course while the race is in progress.
- Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike portion of the event you are welcome to do so.
- Park only in designated parking places.
- Award ceremony will be following the race.
- The race results will be posted on this web site as soon are they are available after the race.